Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hello from India!

I flew out of the Netherlands last Tuesday morning and arrived in India, New delhi Thursday night. The flight was ok, the films could have been better, the food was good for an airplane meal.


At Delhi airport Pintu was waiting to pick me up and bring me to the hotel where I would stay the first 2 nights. The first 2 days Pintu would be my guide and show me around Delhi. Not only nice sights that were shown, also expensive tourist shops, since taxi drivers get some money for bringing tourists to the shops and a higher percentage if the tourist also buy something. Pintu told me not to buy anything, and I did fine in the first 3 shops, but the 4th one I could not resist. Most likely paid a little too much, but I did bargain and got the price down from what it used to be.
These salesmen are really good at their job. A salesman in the Netherlands is a piece of cake to resist compare to these guys over here.

My first impression was not a bad one. I expected much more traffic, honking horns, and whatever you could think of to be there. The best thing was rain on Wednesday, since that made this day a much nicer day to be out and do something. Thursday was hot and humid again, around 43oC or so.. I don’t want to live in Delhi, but it’s ok to stay a couple of days. Just don’t look around to see all the dirt, try to look at the beauty of it all and enjoy the relaxed attitude, instead of the nasty habits that Indians have to tell other people to fuck off in Hindi..

No comments: