Sunday, August 19, 2007

The other India


traditionele sari, ja ja

August is supposed to be the month for tarvelling. There will be less rain is according to the locals, but some travellers seem to have a different opinion. especially the ones that went to Kerala on the west coast.

I have been to Hydrabad and stayed there with a friend I met in tadoba. He has a house in Hydrabad and liked to show me more of the area. From Chandrapur we went by Gypsy, via Warangal, where there are some nice sights to be found (1000 pillar temple).

After 1 week in Hydrabad being driven around and have 2 trips with the ap touris services, I decided it was time to leave for Tamil Nadu. I had planned to take the train to Chennai and from there, step by step, move south wards. I got as far as Mahabalipuram and then moved back up and sidewards closer to Thailand, when I out of the blue decided to visit the Andaman,Nicobar Islands.

It was told that these bounty Islands where reallyrelaxed. Also more Israeli and European people would be there and that sounded great. The week I have had there was really relaxing and it was very nice to be able to speak in your own language every now and then or English to people who know what the words mean.. Had a great time and decided that it will be time to go back to reality and see what has happend with the educatioin project soon.

This week I will first be in Nagpur for a few days and then get the chance to go to Pench NP in off season. This is also aranged by Ravi. I am very lucky that this man crossed my path.

Looking forward to get home in 6 weeks time. A new house, my last year and not all the sounds, rudeness, smells and chaos that India brings. And a bath

No comments: