Monday, January 22, 2007

No tigers

Well, it has been a while. I know a blog is supposed to be a bit like your diary. I'm doing quite well then, since my diary was written in maybe 4 times a year :)
Ok, lets get you all up to date.

I thought I had this practical placement sorted, now this is not the case anymore. My placement coordinator wasn't too happy about the lack of guidence I would receive. Also the organization is very small and only just started, so he wasn't sure if this would be an environment where I could learn all the skills I am supposed to learn. To make a long story short, I am not going to have my placement with SCFIndia.

The next question is, where will I have my placement. That I don't know yet. I'm active searching the web for organizations that have anything to do with sustainable tourism, community development, business development, micro financing, and conservation issues combined with transfer of knowledge/education. This means organizations like Unicef, WWF, CAMAT, Uniek Curacao, etc., have been sent my application letter and resumé, and now I wait for them to respond... It's not nice sitting and waiting, that's for sure.

That's it for today. I better get busy searching for more opportunities for my placement.
All ideas are welcome, as long as the project I can join is out of Europe.

No comments: